Clinical Haematology is branch of clinical medicine which deals with diagnosis and treatment of blood & lymphatic system diseases. It includes both benign & malignant conditions including various blood cancers affecting blood cells, and stem cell transplant. It includes:
- RBC disorders.
- WBC & plasma cell disorders.
- Platelet disorders.
- Lymphatic disorders.
- Histiocytic disorders.
- Blood & Bone marrow stem cell transplant.
Haematology Department at Adesh Hospital, AIMSR, Bathinda is one of tertiary/ referral hospital in Malwa region of Punjab with robust clinical & laboratory haematological services under one roof :
- Outpatient clinic
- Inpatient wards & ICUs
- Laboratory Haematology (includes haematopathology, histopathology & cytopathology)
- Blood bank
We have team of highly qualified clinical Haemato-oncologist, pathologists & BTOs who work diligently for patient care. We are specialized to treat both adult and pediatric patients. In addition we have 24 hour emergency services through which any haematological patient can be evaluated and treated round the clock.
We have advanced haematological laboratory services required in diagnosis and follow of haematological conditions. It includes CBC counter, coagulation tests, HPLC, Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy with flow cytometry, IHC and various staining techniques, molecular tests, etc.
We also have advanced Blood banking services with packed red blood cells, pooled platelets, platelet aphaeresis, leukodepletion, FFP etc. All blood products are tested by standard techniques which assures lowest risk of transmission of infections.
We have dedicated nurses who are trained to handle chemoetherapy drugs to avoid any errors and manage its complications. We have chemotherapy daycare facility too, which allows us to give chemotherapy on outpatient basis where patient comes in morning and can go back home same day.
For bone marrow transplantation, we have facility for pre-assessment of patient and donors for bone marrow transplantation including high resolution HLA typing and management of post transplant complications. We are happy to announce that we are working tirelessly to build a good bone marrow transplant unit as per standard norms with HEPA filtered units, latest equipment for stem cell aphaeresis and radiation facility. The transplant facility will be coming soon and help the people of region to receive standard treatment in your vicinity.
Various disorders treated are (Both adult & paediatric patients)
- Blood Cancers : Leukemias (AML, ALL, CML)
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN-PV, ET, Myelofibrosis)
- Lymphomas (Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Aplastic Anaemia, pure red cell aplasia & Congenital Bone Marrow failure syndromes
- Iron deficiency Anaemia, Megaloblastic Anaemia & Various Anaemias
- Bleeding & Platelet disorders ( ITP, TTP, HUS, vWD, etc)
- Thalassemias & Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Haemophilia & Coagulopathy (DIC)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) & Hereditary Thrombophilias
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH) & Histiocytic Disorders
- Primary Immunodeficviency Disorders
- Chemotherapy & Bone Marrow Transplant (Matched Sibling, Matched unrelated & Haploidentical BMT)