IMMUNOHEMATOLOGY AND BLOOD TRANSFUSION (BLOOD CENTRE)
The Department of Immuno hematology and Blood Transfusion is fully functional and well equipped with all the advanced technologies in the blood transfusion services. The Blood Centre of Adesh hospital provides round the clock (24x7) blood services to the patients. Here, we have the latest equipment’s for the collection, screening and processing of the blood products. All the units are tested for transfusion transmissible infections by 4th generation ELISA for HBs Ag and HIV and 3rd generation ELISA for HCV. We also have the provision of leucodepleted Packed Red Blood Cells.
The blood/ components available in the Blood Centre are:
- Whole blood
- Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBCs)
- Leucodepleted Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBCs)
- Random Donor Platelets
- Fresh Frozen Plasma
- Single Donor Platelets by apheresis.
The other services available are:
- Blood grouping/ cross matching by tube and semi- automated Gel card technology.
- Antibody screening by Direct and Indirect Coomb’s test using Gel card technology.
- Thalassemia screening by High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Thalassemia screening clinic
- Ante-natal (ANC) screening clinic
- Donor screening clinic.
The Blood Centre is providing apheresis services by the highly modernized Optia Spectra Machine in which the high quality of platelets and components are made. All the components made in the Blood Centre are periodically checked for the quality and effectiveness as per the standard guidelines by internal as well as external quality controls. The grouping and cross matching is also done by semi -automated Gel card technology. The Blood Centre is running thalassemia clinic with the provision of HPLC. We are also providing free leucodepleted blood to the thalassemic and hemophilia patients. The motto of our center is to timely provide the safe and high-quality blood/ blood products to the needy 24 hours a day.